If you’ve ever gone low carb you know there are things you miss, and you miss them with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. For me it is pizza, I LOOOOVE it, and it is so hard to go without it. This is just one of the variations of pizza that we make in our house. It’s a Meatzza!
This is the recipe we use (not sure where he came up with it but Mathew just put it together one day)
1/4 Organic Marinara Sauce (there is much less sugar in Organic)
-Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
– Cook the chicken breasts thoroughly, then place them in a food processor (we use our food ninja). Finely chop the the chicken
-When chicken is nicely ground up add about 1 cup of mozzarella in and mix.
– Press chicken and cheese mixture into the bottom of a Spring form pan,
– Heat oven to 375 F, place pan with crust in the oven for 20 minutes
– Remove crust from oven and add sauce and toppings
– Place pan back in oven at 375 F for an additional 20 minutes (until cheese is melted and browned on edges. (This step occasionally calls for the oven to be set to broil to throughly cook the pizza)
This is a great alternative for those of us who crave pizza but BEWARE: this recipe does call for a bit of trial and error to make it the right pizza for you!! For example, Mathew does not put more cheese on top of the pepperoni where I would prefer just cheese.
Whatever you do, when you try it, make it your own!!
Good luck and Bon Appetit!